On-Farm Renewable energy: Biochar Kiln creation and Fort Belknap Community Garden
Please see Lynn Cliff’s presentation at the MFEI network meeting in May 2020 about the bio-char kiln creation in the materials tab. His presentation shows:
- A case study of how to increase on-farm fertility through sustainable methods.
- Information on how to build a DIY biochar kiln within a community food systems setting.
- Information on how to activate the biochar kiln using fertilizer from chickens.
- Next steps are to consider how to take the energy from the kiln and use that to heat their greenhouses.
MFEI Presentation about the BioChar Kiln Creation
- Climate Adaptation
- Community-based food system
- Waste management
- Elementary School
- High School
- Middle School
- Older Adults
- Community (Live)
- Food Production
- School & School Garden (Learn)
- Education Materials
- Project Reporting
- Community Food System Toolkit